Studies demonstrate that chiropractic care can potentially decrease back pain during pregnancy and back labor, shorten labor and pushing time, and diminish postpartum discomfort. Prenatal chiropractic care is also beneficial to the fetus and newborn, as it allows for optimal positioning and maximized space. This is intended to allow your child the least fetal constraint and optimal spinal and birth positioning.
Pregnancy results in…
- Increased curvature in your low back
- Significant changes in center of gravity
- Rounding of shoulders from breast enlargement
- Relaxin allows for joint separation to accommodate your growing baby, but also easily allows asymmetry which influences babies positioning and your comfort
- Groin and pelvic discomfort (due to pull on supportive ligaments from your uterus to your pelvis
Chiropractic care can help!!
Dr. Tammy Watkins has a passion to make pregnancy and birth the incredible experience it was meant to be! Chiropractic is a must for a healthier and more enjoyable pregnancy. Experience it for yourself!
Chiropractic care during pregnancy is gentle, safe and effective and is endorsed by a well known and respected medical doctor:
“It is our personal theory that chiropractic care in pregnancy can help to avoid or relieve back pain and also prepare your back and pelvic structures for the stresses of labor and birth.” ~Martha Sears and William Sears, MD